Uncompromising Commitment to You
“I offer you a personal commitment to excellence and thoroughness. I will take the time to answer all of your questions and explain your treatment options in simple, easy-to understand language. I will also keep your referring dentist informed of your progress with written reports and personal phone calls.”
The field of dentistry has interested me ever since I was a teenager. I decided to pursue a career in periodontology because it allows me to perform many innovative procedures that can greatly enhance people’s smiles and their self-confidence. My ultimate goal is to give patients of all ages a healthy, beautiful smile that can change their lives in ways they never thought possible. To do this, I’ve made sure that I have the advanced training and education necessary to provide an optimum level of care.
After I completed two years of postdoctoral training, I proceeded on for several more years of studying and written board exams by the leaders in my field to become a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. Since the Board’s inception in 1939, only about 2,000 periodontists have achieved this prestigious status. In addition, I stay on top of the latest developments in my field by completing far beyond the required amount of continuing education each year.
A native of Moline, Dr. Bishop returned home after completing dental school and a residency to open her practice and serve the needs of her friends, neighbors and community. In her spare time, she enjoys snow skiing, hiking, especially in the mountains; tennis and bike riding. Most often these activities are with her husband and two children. Dr. Bishop also participates in local “fun runs” and a variety of community activities and philanthropic events. She has been a 15 plus year supporter & member of Junior Board of Rock Island.
EDUCATION and CREDENTIALS
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- Certificate of Specialization in Periodontology, University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, NC
- Residency for Specialization in Periodontics, University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, NC- 2 years
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.), University of Illinois College of Dentistry, Chicago, IL
- B.S. Dentistry, University of Illinois College of Dentistry, Chicago, IL
- B.S. Biology, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL
- Continuing Education exceeds far beyond the required amount of continuing education annually focusing in esthetic, dental implants, regenerative procedures and comprehensive periodontal care.
- Member: International College of Dentists, must be nominated and invited by peer dentists for outstanding commitment, care and service.
- William J. Greek Leadership Award- Outstanding Young Dentist, Illinois State Dental Society
- Joseph Kolodziak Award – Outstanding Academic Achievement and Professional Involvement, University of Illinois College of Dentistry
- Clopper Foundation Award – Philanthropic branch of IL State Dental Society
- Chancellor’s Student Service Award, University of Illinois (all campuses)
- Varsity “I” Letter Award, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL
HONORS AND PROFESSIONAL COMMITMENT
- American Academy of Periodontology: Speaker at National Meeting
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP): Moderator at National Meetings
- AAP- National level: member Young Periodontists Committee- 4 years
- AAP- Member of 2 National Committees for 6 years
- President, Midwest Society Periodontology – Covers 11 states and two Canadian Provinces
- Midwest Society Periodontology- presenter at Chicago Annual Meetings
- First Female President Rock Island District Dental Society 2006-2007
- Founder and Chairman of Women’s Dental Study Club of Quad Cities, 25+ years
- Currently Vice President Rock Island District Dental Society, in line for President 2020
- Rock Island Dental Society Delegate to the IL State Dental Society House of Delegates- 13 years
- IL State Dental Society Professional Peer Review Committee
- Rock Island District Dental Society Professional Peer Review Committee
- Board Member, Illinois State Dental Society Foundation, Philanthropic Branch of the ISDS, 4 years
- Committee Member, countless national, state, and local involvements of the American Academy of Periodontology, Midwest Society of Periodontology and the Illinois State Dental Society, since 1988
Dr. Bishop is dedicated to serving her profession and the dental community which in turn keeps patient’s care, needs and accessibility at the forefront of importance. She is committed to upholding the highest standard of care available.