Is Periodontal Disease Sneaking Up on You?
Periodontal disease is an infection that eats away the bone around your teeth. If affects an estimated 75% of the U.S. population and is the leading cause of adult tooth loss. The most common forms of periodontal breakdown are gingivitis, periodontitis and gum recession. Even more alarming, scientific evidence suggests that periodontal disease may be related to serious conditions, including heart disease, stroke, atherosclerosis, diabetes and preterm births.
Warning Signs of Periodontal Disease
Because periodontal diseases poses a threat to your smile and health, you should let Dr. Bishop know if you suffer from any of these symptoms.
- Puffy, red, tender or swollen gums
- Bleeding gums
- Persistent bad breath or a bad taste in the mouth
- Receding gums
- pus between the teeth and gums
- Loose or separating teeth
- A change in the way teeth fit together
- A change in the fit of partial dentures
Innovative and Artistic Treatments
We offer exceptional periodontal care for healthy and beautiful smiles.